Start with dry hair, preferably 2nd or 3rd day after washing (very clean hair does not curl as well)
Find Your Baseline
To learn your unique hair type’s baseline start here:
Mist hair lightly, wetting just enough to dampen the cuticle without the water penetrating the full hair shaft which can cause frizz.
Leave your CharlieCurl in for ~ 2 hours for most hair types. 3 hours for very thick or very straight hair
You should get a great deal of curls, waves or volume with this technique, but if it is not what you prefer:
1. Adjust moisture, 2. Adjust time in hair, 3. Adjust roll-in method.
Same Styler, Different Looks.
TRADITIONAL ROLL METHOD
Use the Traditional roll for great volume along with your curls or waves. It is also great for sleeping because it is on top of your head and doesn’t disturb pillow positions.
LOW BUN ROLL METHOD
This is one of the more popular heatless hairstyles with CharlieCurls and is great for wearing out in public! Looks like a beautiful bun and can be worn at the nape of the neck or rather high on the head. Gives a straighter top section with curls and waves at the ends.
UNICORN ROLL METHOD
The Unicorn variation can be used with any of the rolling methods and helps 1) reduce frizz 3) keep layers in place to roll 3) can produce mermaid style waves with right technique and moisture.
PRINCESS ROLL METHOD
Excellent for shorter or layered hair because you catch more of the front and shorter hairs.
DOUBLE ROLL METHOD
If you have LOTS of hair, rolling one on top and one lower down works well and also looks very pretty in.
CHARLIECURLS HEATLESS CURLS REVEALED
See the reveal of gorgeous curls and volume in the hair of the CharlieCurls founder and creator, Kristine Akins!
Spritz hair lightly with water for best results.
Having formed the CharlieCurl into an oval with handles: flip head upside down as grip hair into a ponytail on top of your head.
Put hair into the oval at the top of the ponytail. Squeeze oval together to create tension, then slide toward the ends of the hair.
As you reach the ends of your hair, begin rolling toward the back of your head. Take care to tuck the ends carefully.
Roll to the top of your head, gathering layers as you go.
Twist the ends of your CharlieCurl together at the top of your head to form a bun. Wait 30 minutes to overnight before unrolling.
Experimentation is Key for Heatless Hairstyles; Your Hair is Unique!
SIMPLE TIPS FOR GREAT RESULTS
1. Looser roll-ins lead to wavier, softer curls. Experiment to get your signature look; try out the Traditional, Low Bun, Unicorn or Princess Rolls to get different looks.
2. Depending on how easily your hair curls, results can be achieved in as short as 2 hours.
3. Heavier or straighter hair may have best results if left overnight if tighter curls are desired.
4. Sleep in your CharlieCurls overnight to wake up to beautiful hair (the Traditional Roll is higher up on the head and may be more comfortable to sleep in).
5. Spritz your hair with a fine mist of water pre-workout and roll it up in a CharlieCurl to curl and style while you train.
6. Experiment with the placement of the roll on your head. High bun rolls, low bun rolls, or the CharlieCurls “Unicorn Roll” produce unique and beautiful results.
8. Search and share results, tips and tricks on social media by looking for #CharlieCurls.